Saturday, October 29, 2011

First Post

Well, this is my first legitimate foray into the blogosphere. (MySpace at 15 doesn't really count). And having a purpose really helps. I've been inspired by the Yarn Harlot, though I doubt I'll be as good at this as she is. I'm not nearly as witty, nor do I have as much knitting experience. Still, I think this will be fun.

I suppose some sort of introduction is in order. As you've probably guessed by the title, I'm Meg. I live in Manitoba, Canada. I work and go to school and, occasionally, knit or crochet. I can't wait until I finally have evenings free for guilt-free knitting.

I bought my first begin-to-knit kit when I was between 10 and 12. I learned a few things (knit, purl, increase, decrease, basic cables) and then didn't knit for a long time. In my late teens, I started getting into it again. Now, I'm hooked. I haven't finished many projects yet, but I have about a gazillion works in progress. Some are fairly close to being done, others less so.

I learned to crochet a little after I learned to knit, but just couldn't manage it. My scarf attempts always ended up much narrower at the top than the bottom. About a year ago, I picked it up again and, miraculously, it worked. I don't crochet as much as I knit, but I'm getting into it.

I belong to a prayer shawl group at my church. We make shawls for people who need them (those who may be sick or going through difficult times), as well as for new babies. We've also recently expanded into mittens for the mitten tree that is always put up at Christmas. I'm starting to love knitting mittens. I also love knitting with other people. It's much more fun than knitting by yourself. It also feels really good to know that something I made might help someone else, whether it's a shawl or a pair of mittens.

I don't know how often I'll be able to post here, or how much I have that's "blog-worthy," but I'll do my best. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment